The components of physical fitness are:
* Cardiorespiratory (CR) endurance – the efficiency with which the body delivers oxygen and nutrients needed for muscular activity and transports waste products from the cells.
* Muscular strength – the greatest amount of force a muscle or muscle group can exert in a single effort.
* Muscular endurance – the ability of a muscle or muscle group to perform repeated movements with a sub-maximal force for extended periods of times.
* Flexibility – the ability to move the joints or any group of joints through an entire, normal range of motion.
* Body composition – the percentage of body fat a person has in comparison to his or her total body mass.
Improving the first three components of fitness listed above will have a positive impact on body composition and will result in less fat. Excessive body fat detracts from the other fitness components, reduces performance, detracts from appearance, and negatively affects your health.
Factors such as speed, agility, muscle power, eye-hand coordination, and eye-foot coordination are classified as components of “motor” fitness. These factors most affect your athletic ability. Appropriate training can improve these factors within the limits of your potential. A sensible weight loss and fitness program seeks to improve or maintain all the components of physical and motor fitness through sound, progressive, mission specific physical training.
Principles of Exercise
Adherence to certain basic exercise principles is important for developing an effective program. The same principles of exercise apply to everyone at all levels of physical training, from the Olympic-caliber athlete to the weekend jogger.
These basic principles of exercise must be followed.
To achieve a training effect, you must exercise often. You should exercise each of the first four fitness components at least three times a week. Infrequent exercise can do more harm than good. Regularity is also important in resting, sleeping, and following a sensible diet.
The intensity (how hard) and/or duration (how long) of exercise must gradually increase to improve the level of fitness.
To be effective, a program should include activities that address all the fitness components, since overemphasizing any one of them may hurt the others.
Providing a variety of activities reduces boredom and increases motivation and progress.
Training must be geared toward specific goals. For example, people become better runners if their training emphasizes running. Although swimming is great exercise, it does not improve a 2-mile-run time as much as a running program does.
A hard day of training for a given component of fitness should be followed by an easier training day or rest day for that component and/or muscle group(s) to help permit recovery. Another way to allow recovery is to alternate the muscle groups exercised every other day, especially when training for strength and/or muscle endurance.
The work load of each exercise session must exceed the normal demands placed on the body in order to bring about a training effect.
Five components of physical fitness
physical, Physical Fitness, fitness
via Easy To Losing Weight http://ift.tt/1gorcwX
10 motivational quotes to vary how we think with regards to fitness
“Motivation is usually what obtains you started and behavior what obtains you going” is really a famous motivational quote (by Rick Ryun) in which accurately identifies the position of drive in physical fitness. Without motivation you can’t get results although you may follow the ideal diet or the top fitness program on the globe. I get gathered 10 regarding what I accepted as the best and the majority influential rates. Read and share them together with your friends and add your chosen quotes within the comments underneath. Enjoy!
1. You can do it even if it takes some time
Self-confidence and weight loss are two interrelated axes. When you have high self-confidence you can lose weight easier because you believe in yourself. On the other hand when you lose weight you gain self-confidence because of your achievement. While believe is your driving force, patience should be your guide. Weight loss will not happen overnight; it took some months or years for the weight to be accumulated and it won’t go overnight.
2. No more excuses
There are 100’s of excuses why you cannot start a diet or why you can’t go to the gym today. Excuses are for losers and opportunities for winners. Whenever you think of an excuse try to transform it to an opportunity to do something that will make your proud tomorrow.
3. What you do is who you want to be
There are two categories of people, those who want more and those who settle for less. When it comes to fitness if you don’t aim for more you will get less. The higher your goals the greater will be the benefit.
4. No pain no gain
Muhammad Ali once said: “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count”. Do more and overcome your strength and abilities; give it all and you will be rewarded.
5. Challenge is a step forward
Whenever you are faced with an unusual situation you are in fact challenging yourself and abilities. To go from a couch potato to a fitness fanatic is a big challenge and a huge step towards a healthier lifestyle.
6. Love yourself and respect your body
To change your body you first have to accept it as it is. Start loving your body and its uniqueness and workout hard to improve and make it better.
7. Make the first step today
Pythagoras said: “The beginning is half the whole”. Once you make the first step everything else becomes easier; but it is important to make that step otherwise you cannot expect to finish something you did not start.
8. Work for it
Making the first step is important but to make it happen you’ve got to work for it and not just wish that it will happen magically. Magic wands do not exist in fitness and weight loss, you want results you have to work hard otherwise your wish will always stay a wish.
9. Are you a weight loss winner or weight loss loser?
It’s up to you to decide in which category of people who want to belong; to weight loss winners or weight loss losers. If you think about it, it’s really that simple: you make the decision – set the target and work towards your goals or you just declare defeat and forget about it.
10. Where do you want to go tomorrow?
What you do today will set your feelings for tomorrow. What is your choice? What feeling do you prefer, the feeling of satisfaction or the feeling of disappointment? It’s a decision you need to take today and not wait until tomorrow.
Note: Attribution about the quotes (where possible) is given in the images.
10 motivational quotes (with images) for a healthier lifestyle by Alex Chris
10 motivational quotes for a healthier lifestyle
motivational quotes, how to lose weight, get motivated, motivation, fitness, Exercise
via Easy To Losing Weight http://ift.tt/1jXhsxR
That week’s 4 ideas consist of recommendations in all of the 4 components it is advisable to develop to have your overall health, fitness, well being as well as fat reduction targets: (eating correct, exercising, support as well as accountability).
1. Good Feeding on Suggestion
The next time an individual buy lasagna by yourself or your son or daughter ask for 50 percent the parmesan cheese. You’ll scarcely notice almost any preference burning. Nevertheless what you would eliminate can be numerous calories from fat as well as a lot regarding gr regarding bad fats. Pizza’s doesn’t must be remaining away once a week food list nowadays.
2. Generating Work out Risk-free as well as Entertaining
So as to lose weight you have to be a little more effective. Most people complete everything in order to avoid going their bodies. As well as society is usually an accomplice. You’ll be able to grab food, the prescribed, the outfits plus your child with out leaving behind the car. In Chief executive Bush’s fresh “Healthier YOU ” project (http: //www. healthierus. gov) he or she advises walking with regard to half-hour each day. Even when you have to crack the item way up in 10-15 minute pieces. Not simply do you want to shed 200-300 calories from fat, you possibly can wander using your family members as well as increase the good quality period also. Proceed family members period far from the tv as well as upon the road.
3. Retaining Ones Assistance Program
In the event you’re the type of individual who senses guilt ridden in relation to items, very good news. You should utilize in which experience to assist you lose weight. Here’s precisely how. Work out having a companion. Nevertheless before you start produce a pact that you will certainly not let the other person straight down and you should pick all of them way up whenever they start off sacrificing awareness. It’s less of a challenge for you to let by yourself straight down subsequently somebody else. Anyone won’t practice it, simply because you’ll think guilt ridden if you.
4. Obligation Methods
The food work schedule can be a powerful way to keep track of what we consuming and when. Account for what we ingest by using an constant foundation each day. If you undertake this specific for 2 weeks you will note the place these added calories from fat (and and thus these added pounds) are coming from. In addition, don’t neglect for you to keep track of just what you’re sipping.
Slimming down Is As Easy As 1, 2, 3, several with Doctor. Fitness as well as the Fat Dude
gym, diet, nutrition, weight watchers, weight loss, health, personal train, fitness, Exercise, atkins, zone, wellness
via Easy To Losing Weight http://easy4weightloss.blogspot.com/2013/11/slimming-down-is-as-easy-as-1-2-3.html
If you own a trampoline, you already cognise that it is a uppercase way to get out of the house, and into the good air. Did you also bang that it’s benefiting your eudaimonia? Propulsion up and down on a trampoline is eager for strengthening the cardio-vascular group and it is also an superior workout for nearly every roughneck and bureau of the body. Workout on a trampoline can also be real stabilizing for adults and children because it helps to turn reflexes, flexibility, placement and coordination.
One way to enhance not exclusive the fun feature of the trampoline, but also process the eudaimonia benefits, is by putting a soft redundant labor into your propulsion by doing few tricks! There’s lot of tricks that can finished on the trampoline, from the initiate destruct to the modern. Here’s a few of them offset with both bedrock including more tips to ensure area and refrain loss.
‘Landing on the Sanction’ is one of the firstborn, standard trampoline tricks any bouncer should take and its rattling swordlike. Set static on the trampoline with your instrumentation at your sides or flatbottomed with your safekeeping in your foremost pockets. Quit backwards onto the trampoline, keeping your embody erect and your chief up. As your okay meets the trampoline, let your pedagogue trampoline legerdemain you can do formerly you’ve battler the elementary Bet Construction deception. Begin the self way, stagnant someone and static, with assemblage at your sides or safekeeping in your pockets. Devolve straightforward sanction again, but when you snap gage up, demesne on your knees instead! The happening present fix sophisticated trampoline tricks allow somersaults and flips. Either of these can be done backwards or forrard, but you should be really cozy and overconfident with your rebound abilities before attempting either of them. Erstwhile you’ve got the mesh mastered, you spicery it up by adding a aerobatics to it.
Before attempting any illusion, ensure everyone’s area, including your own. Retrieve to perception around and see how overmuch chance you bonk. You faculty definitely poorness to desist a striking with any separate jumpers that are on the trampoline with you. To encourage keep any mishaps, warming up firstborn by doing several spatulate bounces and erst you get accomplishment, recollect to enter your nous and neck in a fresh opinion. This way you don’t pain yourself.
Bonk fun, be innocuous and fastness on bouncy!
Fundamental Trampoline Tricks
tricks, trampoline, health, acrobat, fitness, Exercise
via Easy To Losing Weight http://easy4weightloss.blogspot.com/2013/11/fundamental-trampoline-tricks.html
There are two main types of exercise. Aerobic and Anaeobic exercise. Let’s start with the first one. Aerobic literally means with oxygen. Aerobic exercise has an important distinction; it burns fat as its main fuel. Can anyone find a use for this? Anaerobic means without oxygen. Anaerobic burns sugar as its main fuel. Despite popular myth, exercise doesn’t have to be drastic to provide massive physiological benefits. Even light exercise will burn fat.
Light exercise clears out lactic acid (a waste product in the body) and stimulates cells to regenerate. To ensure you’re exercising aerobically (burning fat) rather than exercising anaerobically, it’s important to ensure you do several things as you exercise.
The most important is to breathe deep as you exercise. Breathe in deep into your stomach through your nose, hold it and then exhale hard through your mouth.
Secondly, make sure that you exercise at a level that’s comfortable. Exercise at a level of 7/10. You should still be able to carry on a conversation while you exercise. Do this for at least 45 minutes a day and notice your energy explode.
Do you think you don’t have time to do this? There is always time. Use the time you would have spent sleeping to replenish your body. I guarantee that you’ll need less sleep. Use the time in your lunch break to exercise. The increase in productivity will have you more on the ball, and save you time through the dramatic increase in productivity. See, with the increased oxygen from aerobic exercise your brain speed and efficiency increases. Ride a bike, walk, swim or play sport.
Rebounding (or cellularise as it’s now known) is one of the best forms of aerobic exercise around. If you have access to a rebounder, use it. Use any break you have whilst working to engage in some form of movement and deep breathing.
Exercise also strongly benefits the heart. It literally makes it a larger and stronger organ. Deep breathing makes the lungs stronger and larger. Research is now linking exercise to helping benefit and prevent almost every type of disease or ailment. Movement of any joints promotes blood flow and creates energy. Sitting down all day actually robs the body of energy. If you sit down all day it’s absolutely vital that you promote blood flow, circulation, energy, brain flow and the strength of your heart.
How To Exercise For Maximum Energy
anaerobic, weights, fatigue, Exercise, stroner, tiredness, lactic acid, cardio vascular, lungs, blood flow, aerobics, fitness, muscle, aerobic, Heart
via Easy To Losing Weight http://easy4weightloss.blogspot.com/2013/10/how-to-exercise-for-maximum-energy.html
You’ve decided you want (or need) to get work out more and get fit. You’re thinking about joining a health club, but you’ve heard too many stories about people who sign up, go one or two times, and never go back. You’re not really sure which type of club to join: a low-cost chain, a more expensive, exclusive fitness center, or a club that caters to only women or men.
Buying and maintaining a health club membership can be pretty complicated, but if you follow these 10 tips, you’ll save money and be on your way to greater fitness.
1. Make a list of your specific fitness needs and wants. Will you be comfortable working out in a large club with both men and women? Will you need access to more than one club? Are you looking for one-on-one personal training services? How often do you think you’ll work out each month? Do you think you’ll be able to keep up your fitness regimen? How much can you afford to pay for a membership each month?
2. Once you’ve identified your requirements, visit health clubs that meet your needs. Get a free pass for each club (at least a one-week’s pass) and workout at each club as often as possible during the free periods.
3. Don’t sign up for a membership at any of the health clubs while you’re using free passes. You’ll be under a lot of pressure from salespeople and managers, and they will tell you that you need to sign up today in order to get discount pricing. Don’t. Health clubs offer discount pricing all the time.
4. When you’ve decided a health club, go back and speak with a salesperson about membership choices. Don’t feel pressured to sign a long-term contract at any health club. Remember that long-term contracts are really installment loans with high interest payments. If you don’t think that you’re going to keep up your workouts, don’t even think about signing one of these contracts. Gather all of the written information about each type of membership, then go home and review it at your leisure. Don’t feel pressured to sign up for any membership at the club.
5. When you’re speaking with the salesperson, ask all of the questions you want. Don’t feel rushed or pressured. Never forget that any contract you sign supersedes any promises a salesperson gives you. Even if the salesperson writes it into the contract, it probably isn’t legally enforceable. The contract is king. Read it carefully before signing.
6. Compare the costs of each membership type, and remember that you should make the ultimate decision based on your own needs, not on short-term discounts that may sound like you’re saving money, but will end up costing you more money in the end.
7. Make sure you fully understand the cancellation requirements of each membership type. Many long-term health club contracts are almost impossible to cancel. A month-to-month contract may be a better solution.
8. Don’t sign up for automatic payments via credit card. If you no longer want a membership, and you’re able to cancel, you may find it difficult to get payments stopped.
9. Keep track of all your payments in case there are any disputes with your health club.
10. If you do cancel you membership, make sure you get the cancellation in writing from your health club.
By following these 10 tips, you will certainly set yourself up for fitness success.
10 Ways to Get the Most Out of Your Health Club Membership
gym, health club membership, workouts, health clubs, fitness, Exercise, work out
via Easy To Losing Weight http://easy4weightloss.blogspot.com/2013/10/10-ways-to-get-most-out-of-your-health.html
Have exercise misconceptions prevented you from starting an exercise program? Clear up any confusion and let these exercise tips improve your workout routine. Hopefully none of these common exercise myths, mistakes and misconceptions have prevented you from working out.
1. Common Mistake: Failure to set goals. Do you exercise without a clear goal in mind? Having a clear goal set is a critical step in exercise and weight loss success. Tracking your progress in a journal will help ensure you see your improvements, will help motivate you and help you meet your ultimate goal.
2. Common Misconception: No Pain, No Gain. Pain is your body’s way of letting you know something is wrong. Do not ignore this. When you go beyond exercise and testing yourself, you will encounter physical discomfort and need to overcome it. An example of this would be training for a marathon. It is important that you have the “base training” before getting into the advance training. The base training develops the body and gets it ready for extensive training. You need to learn to “read” your body. Is the heavy breathing because you are pushing your body or could it be the beginning of a heart attack. Exercise is important. Do it correctly and you can do it for the rest of your life.
It is normal for you to hurt after you exercise, but it must be done gradually with a good amount of rest periods to allow proper healing. There are two common problems here with beginning exercisers. You can cause long lasting damage to muscles, tendons and ligaments if you work out while you are in pain, without allowing enough rest time to heal. You might find yourself in constant and long lasting pain if you do this which means that you will no longer be able to exercise.
If you wake up the next morning after you exercised and can barely drag your aching body out of bed because everything hurts, you are going to be less motivated to exercise at all. Constant pain is a sure way to kill your exercise program.
3. Common Mistake: Sacrificing Quality for Quantity. When you are ready to increase the number of reps of a particular exercise, and strengthen the corresponding muscles, instead of forcing yourself to do a little more each time try decreasing the number of reps in a set but increase the number of sets. Also, back off to half your usual number of reps but add a couple of more sets. You will feel less tired and will be able to gain strength in your fast-twitch muscles.
4. Common Myth: Weight Training Makes Women Bulky. Weight training for a woman will strengthen and tone muscle, burn fat and increase metabolism, not build mass. Women do not produce enough of testosterone to build muscle mass the way that men do.
5. Common Mistake: Over-Emphasizing Strengths. You should start focusing on your points rather then what you are good at. This will help you balance things. For example, if your lower body is stronger than you upper body, then try to work only on this area one day a week.
Being smart about how you exercise will take you a long way. It is important to have a healthy body so get out there and start exercising today.
5 Great Tips On Exercise
diet, weightloss, nutrition, Yoga, training, walking, internet, health, fitness, Exercise, events, aerobic
via Easy To Losing Weight http://easy4weightloss.blogspot.com/2013/09/5-great-tips-on-exercise.html